On February 25th and 26th 2016 – Goa, India HEL held its very successful Process Development Conference & Workshop.
At this prestigious event, we attracted over 50 participants, with 15 industry leaders, giving their expert insights in process development.
The topics included :
– Supercritical drying for best thermal insulators
– High-pressure fermentor for deep-sea microbial cultivation
– Quality by design : trends in generic API pocess development
– Application of PolyBLOCK system to biologics process
– Mixing simulation for scale up & better conversion
– Using DoE during development for the right design
– Difficult to crystallise scenario
– Thermal screening and parallel platform in scale-up
– Use of TSU at Aarti Industries for safe scale-up of process
– Thermal decomposition behaviour of Tri n-butyl phosphate-nitric acid
– Graduating from ALR to Simular
– Process intensification- A recent trend in API pharma industries
– Vent sizing and runaway reactions.
The amazing feedback we got from speakers and participants:
Aniket Gogate of Unichem: Many informative contents especially session conducted by Shravan Kumar & Amin on crystallisation & Process intensification respectively .
Mithun Surve, Lupin: Quite impressive technical session and got new insight about the special AeroGel application by Dr. Neha of ARCI and nuclear research & safety by Dr. Chandran of IGCAR .
Subramani Ramesh Babu, Eisai: Some of the research work presented on deep sea microbes studies by Dr. Kirubagaran of NIOT was fantastic for therapeutic applications .
Ch. Anil Kumar, Divis: We enjoyed the conference and had new learning on Chiral Crystallisation and process safety aspects with vent sizing .
Raosaheb Kalyankar, Daiichi Sankyo: The concept of Mixing simulation & DOE software for process optimisation was something I liked most for my synthetic research work
Dr. Neha, ARCI: Enjoyed the conference and stay in Goa . Great to meet people and listen to so many different aspects of HEL automation & applications .
Mr. Amin Ismaili, Alembic: Well organised conference and selection of speakers & their topics provided greater insight about their research work. I enjoyed the program thoroughly and look forward to HEL event which I found better in the content compared to others.
Dr. Deepak, Jain Zoetis: The theme based program made stunning impact the on not only audience but to speakers as well in order to look beyond what Pharma world is doing. Excellent support by HEL team whenever I needed them.
Dr. Madhavan Buddha, Biocon: It has been a memorable experience all the way and I am very impressed on NIOT work with deep-sea microbial research presented by Dr. Kirubagaran .
Dr. Chandran, IGCAR: I liked the program structure and the audience interaction by asking different questions on almost all the topics presented
Mr. Shravan Chandrashekar,DRL: The Goa conference just provided enough food for our thoughts while dealing with our process research work and role of automation in achieving QbD objectives .
The presentation by Shravan( Dr. Reddy ), Deepak ( Zoetis ), Neha ( ARCI ) has been widely appreciated by all the participants .
The presentation by Amin, forced audiences to think how the basic of chemical engineering can help engineering the chemistry & development activities.